November 21, 2012

No Posts Until December 5th- Fun Stuff in the Mean Time

It's that time of year again. No, not Thanksgiving (I'm Canadian, we already had ours :P :) ). Finals. More accurately, the time before finals when everything is due and I realize that I've been behind on my readings. Again.

There are other things along with that, like the fact that I have an oral exam I need to practise for and a room that is in desperate need of being cleaned, all resulting in a severe lack of time and energy in all areas, which causes my work to be of poorer quality. I don't want to be posting things that are crappy. Therefore, I'm going to wait until things die down before I start back up again.

But, since I won't be posting for two weeks, and I didn't want to leave it at that, I thought I'd give you some interesting material from around the web which you can enjoy at your leisure:

The Diary of Tortov Roddle

This is a beautifully animated series of vignettes, most of which use a narrative structure prevalent in China and Japan.



The narrative structure mentioned above (kishotenketsu), plus five others are explained on this website, plus when to use them effectively. There's even one from Nicaragua!


My Art

I've been doing a bunch more art lately, which can be found in two places:

Drawing in Colour, an art blog I made at the beginning of this month (on which I post sporadically)



Holly Lisle, a speculative fiction author, has recently made available for download a Minecraft map of life-sized spaceships from the science fiction series she's working on... and it's pretty awesome.


Nick Pitera One Man Tribute to Disney's the Lion King on Broadway

Nick has this incredibly huge range, whereby he can sing both male and female parts and sound incredible while doing it. This is his latest video showcasing his ability in this area. I would highly suggest checking out his Youtube channel for more amazing videos like this.


And that's all from me until December 5th, which is when my series, Adam and Eve vs Science, will continue. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment